Saturday, December 26, 2009

It's over...



So the holidays are all over and guess what? I am so relieved!! no more parties, gift wrapping, and most of all, no more shopping! I didn't think that the simplest tasks would be so difficult, but I am learning that everything is different with a baby...especially one as cute as Dax.

I am finally getting a little better at juggling the baby and getting things done around the house and I have even started getting used to (sort of) the intermittent chunks of sleep. I am also dealing with a new feeling that comes with motherhood, I miss my baby and I feel his pain! With the holidays and having to do the things that come with it, I have spent time away from my little angel, and every time I am away I find myself hurrying to come back to Dax. Especially with all the family we have had over it was hard to let everyone hold him for hours, I missed someone that was in the same house as me, a feeling I have never experienced in my life. Dax also had a rash on his bum and was screaming everytime we would change him. Everytime he cried it would feel like my heart was being torn out! I would have given anything to make his pain go away...again, a feeling I have only recently discovered.

Even with all the chaos, this first Christmas as a family was great! Santa got him a new onesie and dinasour pj's! Dax gave me some oxyclean and he gave Mark an icecream scoop! he is so thoughtful. We had family over for dinner and got some pictures of 4 generations of Egberts, who looked so handsome in their matching outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment